Pineapple upside Down Cake from Mary Catherine Palewicz
This recipe is for pineapple upside down cake that Mary Catherine
Palewicz (née Rebstock) used to make.
In a 10-inch black iron skillet, melt the following 3 ingredients:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1¼ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoon pineapple juice
- Put drained 20 ounce can of pineapple slices in skillet
- Place a Maraschino cherry in hole of each pineapple slice
For the cake batter, the ingredients are:
- ½ cup butter (one stick)
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
Mix butter and sugar together. Add eggs, one at a time.
Alternately add dry ingredients with vanilla and milk until gone.
Drop cake batter on top of pineapple slices. 350 degrees for 45 minutes
or until toothpick comes out clean.
Copyright © 1965, Mary Catherine Palewicz
This recipe is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.